Death valley looked like this in 2010. I return in May of 2021 to see what has changed in me and in it.

Saturday, May 29, 2021

Conclusion

 

Map of a journey.  
For details see Michael Angerman’s map which he prepared as I wandered.  
Google Map Link 

 

From dry and unfoliaged Death Valley, I drove east to lush Holy Ghost Canyon near Pecos, New Mexico.  From the valley of the shadow of death I drove to a valley of quaking aspen by a flowing creek.   
 




 

The holy canyon
the ghost canyon
tiny leaves of spring
young and unknowing
their ancestors
of last fall and the fall before
rot to nourish them   
 




The long way home
to friends I’ve missed
where shows of Wyoming Winter
and Death Valley
want to be shown     





 

The pandemic tries to squash them
mixing those already shown
with plague-stopped unshown.


Southern California waits
and I nearly lose hope.






But now, with vaccinations working
better than expected
hope rekindles    

 






If you live near here, I hope to see you soon, 
and if not, I thank you for following especially if you commented        











 
September 2020


Farewell for now,
Sharon    





No comments:

Post a Comment